Introduction of dōjō*
At the Okinawa Karate Kenkyūjo (Gōjū-ryū Karate Dōjō), we mainly focus on training of traditional kata of Gōjū-ryū that has been passed down for a long time in Okinawa and also work hard to practice basic techniques, train using tools, etc.
(1) Our basic principle is "life is a treasure" as karate is "the martial art of peace" described in a saying such as "there is no initiation of an attack in karate."
(2) We provide instructions to children according to their developmental stages.
(3) Beginners are welcome regardless of gender.
(4) There are kyu and dan promotion tests about 3 times a year.
(5) Training days: every Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Hours: Children / middle school students: 16:00-18:00
High school students / adults: 19:00-20:00
Number of applicants: About 10 people for each session (please contact us by email or phone)
*However, for the time being, in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we need to make advance adjustments for training hours and number of new students. For more information, please contact us by email or phone.
*In March 2020, we started training with 8 students (4 elementary school students and 4 adults).
Okinawa Karate Kenkyūjō ( Okinawa Gōjū-ryū Dōjō)
3-90-5 Ishimine-cho Shuri, Naha City,Okinawa
・ Part-time lecturer at University of the Ryukyus and Okinawa University (Practice of exercise/sports science, karate, etc.)
・ Doctor in Sports Science (Waseda University Graduate School)
・ Kyoshi 8th Dan (Okinawa Gōjū-ryū Karatedo Kyōkai)
・ Gold Award of Naha-te Senior Division, The 1st Okinawa Karate International Tournament,